Hello everyone! Do you crave a good piece of banana bread with your coffee? Well this recipe is for you! This banana bread is moist and flavorful. It’s not a big recipe. It’s perfect for when you have a few overly ripe bananas you don’t want going to waste.
1/4 c buttermilk
1/4 c butter (softened)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 c and 2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp maple extract (vanilla works too)
1-2 ripe bananas (the more ripe the better)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl combine flour, salt and baking powder
- In a separate bowl combine butter and sugar until creamy (I use a hand mixer)
- Next add the egg and beat until combined
- Add in the extract, milk and bananas and mix until batter is smooth
- Add in dry ingredients until fully combined
- Place batter into a well greased 9×5 loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (oven times very).
- Let cool on a cooling rack before cutting
The best thing about banana bread is you can add whatever you’d like to it! You could add blueberries or nuts. You don’t have too be too precise with the mixture as long as you get everything combined it will be yummy 😋
Let me know in the comments what your favorite morning treat is￼.